Welcome to the 1850 House Museum & Store
The Governor of Louisiana and Mayor of New Orleans have instructed us to observe the following procedures during phase 2 of our city’s re-opening, which are intended to keep both patrons and staff protected and safe:
-No more than 10 people including staff, can be in the building at one time.
- Without exception, those entering the shop are required to wear a face cover or mask, and we’re happy to provide them at no cost should you be without one. Louisiana theme'd masks and other styles for adults and children are for sale.
-Please follow the markers taped at 6’ intervals onto the floor in our shop indicating the required distance between visitors not in a family group. We ask for your patience should you have to wait outside for a few minutes during busy times.
-We encourage the use of the sanitizer wipes located near the cash desk when you approach the counter.
- Surface cleaning of all door handles, counter tops, and other areas of the store after every guest.
- Shopping online is highly encourage, with free shipping for all Louisiana residents, Friends of the Cabildo members, and orders over $75. A pickup option is also available. Visit https://www.1850housestore.com/pages/shipping-and-local-pickup-policy for additional information.
- Currently the 1850 House Museum is open Tuesday - Sunday 9:30 am. - 4 pm. last entrance 3:30 pm. $5 adults, $4 students (7+), seniors (62+), and military.
- Beginning July 31, 2020 the Friends of the Cabildo French Quarter walking tours will depart 10:30 am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. For more information visit: https://friendsofthecabildo.org/
All information regarding the Louisiana State Museum's can be found here: https://louisianastatemuseum.org/
Up to date information on the Friends of the Cabildo can be found here: https://www.friendsofthecabildo.org
For any additional inquires or questions please email us at email@example.com .
We look forward to having you visit our shop and the 1850 House Museum, and we thank you for understanding!